1 August 2017

Before I begin, I want to wish you a Happy Lammas Day! I found a page from an old We'Moon diary, and lots of stickers for the First Fruits 😊 We may not plough the land, but I'm sure we've seen much grow since 2017 began... This is a day to be mindful of that, and give thanks when we can.
Using Jen Morris' one-word prompts most days for inspiration
... here are today's pages:
Not a word I like, and I try and avoid it where possible! I've written my feelings about the word, and this Victorian-age photo captures my sentiments perfectly! I grew up in a world of 'Shoulds', which I no longer wish to inhabit.
A word no longer in my vocabulary. 
It belongs to a more archaic time.

I'd love to know your thoughts on the word S H O U L D, so feel free to share (either below in the comments or here), if you're joining in Authentic August.

Also, I've added a new page (the link is under the blog banner) where all these Authentic August posts are being gathered.

5 comments:

  1. A favorite quote is "Don't should on yourself." I don't know who said it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not heard of that saying, Kathy, but it's a fine one! And I'd add, don't should on anyone else, either :) Thank you for this.

      Delete
  2. Happy Lammas, "should" is a word I errased from my vocabulary as well. I love Kathy Forsyth's quote in her comment "Don't should on yourself." LOL thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Lammas to you, too! Yes, it's a great quote Kathy shared, isn't it? Down with the 'shoulds', I say :D

      Delete
  3. First fruits are always good to see, whether or not we grow them ourselves. And yes, Mother Nature doesn't waste her time with shoulds -- what she does, she just does. :)

    ReplyDelete