WOYWW 417

Thankfully, this week is pretty quiet, the diary quite empty... Which I need, having had a very busy week last week which left me completely depleted, and my desk is once again full of 'stuff' (didn't stay empty long, did it??)

It's not the greatest photo, as my desk is in bright sunlight first thing in the morning. These are the books and images I used on Saturday morning, when I delivered my first service for over a decade. I created and lead Celtic Morning Prayer here in the village church at 8 am as part of a day of prayer across our group of 12 parishes.

We set up two small tables between the lectern on the left and the pulpit on the right. On one I created a wee altar, with images of St Brigid (a favourite saint), a Brigid cross that hangs in our house, candles and a Celtic Cross bought from here . I sat at the other with my books and my CD player. I played some songs from this in the quiet prayer time. 

It was a time of quiet and contemplation, and given the early hour, I was happy to see about a dozen people, several from the surrounding villages and many of whom came back to the rectory for coffee and croissants afterwards.

It was a very significant experience for me, to be leading a service after so long, and for those who know how hard the last decade has been. And I'm still feeling the effects of expending so much physical and emotional energy, and I am taking it slowly... enjoying the intermittent sunshine, enjoying Daughter's company now she's home for the Summer, enjoying being a part of a lovely village community :)

Sharing with Julia here.


19 comments:

  1. wow, what an amazing desk! have a good summer Helen #5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy WOYWW. How wonderful to lead a service after so long. It sounds like something I would have enjoyed. I remember making a Brigid Cross when at school. That Etsy shop is definitely one of my favourites now - gorgeous creations. Ali x #7

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quiet contemplation is what I will be doing today when I visit Manchester and say a prayer for the lost lives of 22 innocent people
    Lynn xx 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how wonderful for you to lead the service again. What a beautiful and peaceful church that looks, there is something so peaceful that radiates from it. Take care this week...
    Hugs, LLJ 18 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one Amazing desk...Beautiful Photos...Happy Summer.. May #19

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your prayer service went well. It's a beautiful church. Happy WOYWW Sarah #22

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos :) have a lovely week. soojay 28

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have many shrines to Saint Brigid here in Brittany, often in open air without the church surrounding the alter, all wonderful places to kindle a celtic soul, I am sure you will profit from leading others to quiet contemplation, Dxx 27

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Claire. Glad you were able to lead the worship - it's an awesome privilege to sit and offer a few words that people may enter the presence of Father God.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #9

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a Brigid cross that sits permanently on my light switch at the entrance to my craft room :) It was made for me by my daughter and her friend.
    Churches are such beautiful places, aren't they? I feel that they are quite an enigma - grand and yet humble at the same time.

    Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
    Bubbles #31
    http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/woyww-417.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice desk and lovely picture of the church,

    Happy WOYWDW Lilian B #35

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Claire, what a beautiful and heartfelt post, thank you for sharing this special moment with us, and may you continue to enjoy your lovely community and the wonderful time spent with your daughter over the summer. No post from me today been to busy unfortunately.I will be catching up and sharing next week... all being planned. Crafty hugs andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blessings to you on leading service. What a heartwarming experience for you and those with whom you shared your love. Creative Blessings on the coming week! Kelly 332

    ReplyDelete
  14. A desk full of books can't be bad! I'm happy that you were able to reach some of the people in your Parrish in these difficult and sad times. Thanks for sharing, Lindart #41

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is a wonderful post. I am so happy for you. Such an accomplishment.

    Rest now, and savour the memory of doing it.

    And savour time with daughter, of course.

    Gentle hugs, Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, Claire, that's one desk with a difference! And what a beautiful church. Congratulations on giving your first service after so long. Hopefully, the next one won't be so daunting. Have a good week. Elizabeth x #33

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful books, wonderful inspiration.
    Katie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so pleased you felt able to lead your worship again, I still have to overcome all that has happened to me over the last 18 months to reach that point. Faith is a wonderful thing but sometimes we feel let down only to rise up again. Beautiful little church looks so peaceful. Anickoana #6

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Claire, sorry I'm late. I seem to be apologising for this on a regular basis at the moment. Gorgeous photograph of a lovely building. Happy crafty belated woyww, Angela x21x

    ReplyDelete